Friday, December 26, 2008

Another Appointment...

So this morning I had my psychiatric eval. I met with the Dr. at 10:45 and it was actually a pleasant visit. We reviewed the test I had to take along with the packet of paperwork he sent me and then had an opportunity to chat. He told me that he currently had seen over 3000 patients go through with the surgery. And he said while the results varied the improvements that were made were amazing! I left the office feeling really good about my decision and just in a really good place in general. I will be attending his support group meeting in January with my hubby.
Yesterday was Christmas and it was a really good day. The family came over in the morning for the gift thing as well as breakfast and then we went to the in-laws (ugh!) at 1 for lunch followed by open house/dinner at my parents. Part of my meeting with the dietician last week was to attempt to reinvent the way that I was eating. I am trying to eat much less calorically speaking as well as incorporating healthy food (that I probaby normally wouldnt eat). So for example, breakfast today was a fat-free banana yogurt and a bottle of water. Lunch will probably be left over turkey pasta and then who know's what dinner will be. The major change that I made for now is I completely cut out soda. I am trying to drink alot more water and when I need something flavored I use a crystal light mix in. So far so good. I'll keep you posted on the progress! I have some more appointments next week so I will update as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment