Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Exercise! ACK!

I met yesterday for my exercise consultation with Victor. We talked for an hour about why I have discontinued exercise plans in the past. After talking with him I really true think I was getting discouraged because when I would go to the gym I didn't know what I was supposed to be was correct, was I doing the right reps? What I on the machine for a long enough time? I mean I think my lack of exercise education added to everything, which gave me another reason to quit going. With Victor I came up with a sensible exercise plan that I could do at home 3 times a week. I know that if I start out going to the gym and do like 5 days I will burn out rather quickly. So I am opting to do the 3 days 30-45 minute at home routine to condition my body (AND MY BRAIN) into working out. I think it will be good.

*Holiday Update*
I survived the first round of holidays and the second starts tomorrow with the arrival of my uncle. That means home style dinners at mom's almost nightly, as well as a few lunch jaunts out and throw a hockey game on top of that and we are looking at a potential dieting nightmare! Oh wait! I forgot, I am not dieting, I am changing my ways! LOL! Well so far so good. I weighed myself when I got to work this morning (I work at a medical academy, of course we have scales!) and according to that scale I have lost 4 pounds since my dietitian appointment which was 12/18. So considering an occasion holiday croissant and cookie I think I did pretty darn good! Plus I am just excited about all of the things to come. I was catching up with an old friend over breakfast on Sunday and told him about the new journey that I am embarking on. He was really excited for me and it felt great. If he is reading this... HEY BOO! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Hey friend! Your blog is off to a great start. (and so are you) I can't wait to read more about your journey. Much love!
    All of my love and support!

    -Stacy

    PS. I am looking forward to the ribbon thing next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Thank you! Love you guys bunches, and yes the ribbon thing is a go!

    ReplyDelete